My dating scene had become so ridiculous that everyone in our complex knew all about it. One of the girls was studying human behaviors and decided to do her final project on dating behaviors, and yes you guessed it, I was selected to go on a blind date that she would be filming. My date was also selected at random and we had to keep a journal of our thoughts and feelings throughout the whole experience. I remember getting the phone call from my date informing me that I needed to bring untraditional eating utensils (cereal box for a plate, a shot-glass as a cup, potato-masher for a fork, ect.) I went through my apartment looking for the most unusual things I owned. When he arrived I could tell that this was going to be one heck of a date. When he opened the door to the apartment we would be eating at, I saw a nicely set dinner table, and became confused why I needed to bring my own dishes. Almost reading my mind my date smiled and said,
“That’s not for us.”
He then walked over to another table that had nothing on it and said, “This is for us!” I thought to myself, okay this is more like my dates. He opened the bag he had in his hand and began setting up my place-setting and I figured that the utensils I brought must have been for him; so I proceeded to place them in front of him. Our dinner soon followed: spaghetti and meatballs. As it was gently laid on my plastic sack (my plate) and lemonade was poured into my tin soup cup, I picked up my wooden spoon that was the size of my head and tried to eat it. The long and short of it was my food landed everywhere but my mouth. I don’t think I have laughed that hard though as when I looked over and saw him trying to eat with a wire-whisk. Once we cleaned up from dinner we were interviewed about what we thought of the date. Then we returned to play a game with the other couples; a good bonding moment. We were each given a bowl of apples and an empty bowl to place behind us. Our goal was to get as many of the apples from one bowl to another by having one person place an apple under their chin and the other person without hands picking it up with their chin (awkward moments are bound to happen). I’m proud to say we got the most apples passed and have a very nice picture where it looks like we are necking. We were interview once more and then we headed for home. We showed up at my front porch and both started laughing, he said he would give me a call and we could go on a real date sometime.
A day later, the girl who was putting this whole project together had to report on her findings and asked all of us to come and explain what we thought. I remember us being in a pretty good size classroom and almost being seated like a panel. We were asked why we thought this date did or did not work. My date started by saying that our date went well because I had a good sense of humor and that I was confident in who I was; right then my phone begins ringing (my roommate had been messing with my phone and changed the ring tone) “Don’t you wish you’re girlfriend was hot like me” at the highest volume possible. Without skipping a beat my date says, “Like I said Lindsee doesn’t lack in self confidence.”
No comments:
Post a Comment