Monday, June 21, 2010

Man with a Plan

One of my good friends was dating a guy who is pretty amazing, and he had a friend that she thought would be a perfect match for me. He was much like his friend that I knew, but there was another side to him that no-one knew about.

He called and asked if we could begin our date earlier than normal, because he had a great plan that would require more time. I said I would love to but I worked until 5. He asked if he could pick me up from work then. I remember being super busy and I wasn’t able to call him back for a day or so when I told him yes, but that I would be dressed up from work. He assured me that it would be fine, because we were just going to dinner and a movie now; his great plan had to be changed. I got off work and there he was, right outside of my work in his car, he kindly opened my door (gentleman like) and we took off for the restaurant. As we entered the restaurant we found that it was going to be a long wait, but he really wanted to eat there. While we were waiting I was able to find out more about him, and we were having a really good conversation, when his phone rang. I heard him say something and look at me; he then said, “I think she could handle it.” Puzzled I just looked at him, when he covered his phone and asked if I was up for hiking the ice caves. I quickly answered, “YES!” We got up right then and head to his car, figuring he would run me home really quick to change, but if that was his plan he was heading the wrong direction. The farther away from town we got the more concerned I became, I even asked or more pointed out that I wasn’t dressed for this activity; I was wearing high heels and nice dress slacks. I think he was zoning me out or something because he kept saying, “oh, you’ll be fine.” When we showed up and I stepped out of the car a hush fell over the crowd of people there. “Dude, your date can’t hike this.”
“Why not?” my date protested.
“She is freaking wearing heels!”
He finally took a look at me and saw what everyone else saw. His face dropped and he said, “Oh, man that is why you kept asking to turn around. I thought you were being chicken or something.” Not knowing what to do he reached in the back of his car and a few of the guys got in the back of their trucks to find me some clothes; I had come all the way out here I might as well hike it, right?! I ended up wearing a pair of someone’s jeans with a rope around it as a belt; a sweatshirt and my heels. I have to say that I was the only one that didn’t fall! I say it was the heels that acted as ice picks. It was interesting, and it only got better when we made it out. We had a fire but no food (I get really mean if I don’t eat), they did however have shot guns. I had been shooting a couple times but was never very good; it must have been the hunger or something because I hit every one of the clay-pigeons; also my date…I didn’t really but he thought and claimed that I did. At the end of the night I was asked to return my loaner clothes. I jumped in the back of his car; it is a lot easier to change into pants then to get out of them. Once I awkwardly got back into my clothes, we left back home. However, we got home pretty late and my car was still parked at work. He took me to the parking lot and awkwardly said good night. I drove home thinking what a night I had.

Monday I arrived at work to tell my tale, when they surprised me with, “Lindsee, there was a guy in here a minute ago looking for you with flowers.” I quickly thought through my mind of who would bring me flowers and this guy popped into my head. He never did come back, but when I went to one of my classes, another person told me the same thing, that a guy had been there with flowers looking for me. I began to be worried and creped out slightly that this guy knew my schedule, but then I calmed myself down with the fact that if he knew it so well he would have been in the right place at the right time. I arrived home with a call on my phone, it was him, “Hey, Lindsee, I was trying to find you today to give you something. Are you home now?”
“yes.”
“okay I’ll see you in a minute.”
5 minutes later a knock was at the door and there he was; flowers in hand with a box. No worries it was a large box, it was a cookie monster from a local restaurant. (Amazing)
“I hope you like these; they made me think of you. I just wanted to thank you for coming with me on that weird date.”

I thought that was sweet of him; but when that became a daily occurrence, I had to put a stop to it. Sometimes guys really don’t have to try so hard, for me it is almost a turn off when they keep bringing me stuff. Every once and awhile it is good, but daily it becomes too much.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun guy, but too bad he became a bit of a stalker.. atleast it sounds that way. IS this a new date or an old one? I haven't heard it before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember part of this story....haha...but what happens when all these guys you talk about see this blog...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an old date; and I'm sure none of them will see this, but if they do I guess we'll find out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the date with marky? And Adam was on it too?

    ReplyDelete