Thursday, August 12, 2010

Backlash

Dates are funny, but ex-girlfriends are even better.

1. I remember being in line for lunch at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) and a girl behind me asked how we knew each other. Being puzzled I quickly racked my brain for anything that we both had in common. We finally realized that in college we had lived in the same complex; however that wasn’t satisfactory to her. Moments later her face changed from confusion to pure disgust as she realized something I didn’t know. She had dated my wedding date (the one that proposed) after me and she made sure to let me and everyone in the lunch area know what a horrible person I was for breaking this guy’s heart. In the middle of her yelling I said something I thought would be helpful “Well you should be grateful because if I hadn’t you would have never dated him!” That was a bad choice; it just fueled her fire. After she said her peace she walked away and I don’t remember seeing her ever again. But I had a lot of explaining to do to my friends in the room.

2. Once I returned home from serving in the Czech Republic I began seeing a guy and one day a friend of his, who was a girl, ask me to go to lunch with her. Not sure what was going on but feeling that food is never a bad thing I agreed and met with her. Once there she let me know all about how she had dated him and how he strung her along with the hopes of dating me when I got home. I’m pretty sure she was blaming me for their break-up and wanted me to know how much I didn’t deserve him. All I can say is thank heavens I got food or that would have been a bad way to spend a lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment