Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Twice!!!!!

So I had one more date with the shy guy. We went to my work party... He was super shy and didn't talk to anyone ( I understand he didn't know anyone, but he didn't even speak to me). Afterwards we talked about Christmas and I shared some personal moments with him, I thought all was good. But then I didn't hear from him AT ALL! Almost a month went by when he called to ask about my recent test scores and made the statement "wow, who would have guessed My Girlfriend was so smart." --- I am still not sure why he was surprised but more importantly why he thought we were dating?! I shared my confusion with him and he seemed to be upset that I thought so little of our relationship. He asked me to list why I thought we shouldn't date. I quickly replied that it wasn't hat I didn't want to date I just didn't qualify talking to someone once every other week ( if I called), seeing them once a month, and never kissing or holding their hand as my boyfriend (if I did I would have been in a relationship with all my stories....wow he's got something there...maybe I should change my definition..humm). He came back with " wait we haven't kissed?"
Now I'm not an amazing kisser but I'm sure the kid would remember if we kissed, don't you? And no we never did. We got into a bit of a fight and said, " I guess we should breakup." to which I asked " how do you breakup when you're not dating?" needless to say we " broke up"

A week later he called and asked me out as if we had just met. " I don't know if you remember me but we went out back in October and I thought you were cute, I should have called sooner but I am a dork. Would you be willing to give me another shot on Friday night." I called him back and said " I happen to be working Friday" he replied with a Saturday request and I agreed.
He called Thursday and we talked for awhile before he said, " I think your great but I just don't know where this is going...I live up here and you live so far away. I want to get to know you but its too difficult to drive down to see you..." he went on to basically tell me if I lived closer we would date. Humm so in a nut shell the drive isn't worth it, and me. I quickly pick my jaw off the ground because here I was getting broken up with again, and said "okay but can this be the final time you call to breakup with me? "

1 comment:

  1. Oh lindsee, this story is great, but i just wish it hadn't actually happened to you. Really. I was pulling for him, but hoping he'd get with it, oh well, ha ha. Good thing YOU are not waisting your time and gasoline on him.

    ReplyDelete