This guy felt so bad that he wanted to make it up to me. Yes, I had the nerve to go another date with him. However, this time it was more of a group thing…which I guess the other one started out as…oh well. We were planning to go sledding, with some people from his neighborhood. When I arrived I found that not only was I the only one that didn’t know anyone (again), but there were no other girls. I went sledding with a group of guys (not bad odds). We arrived at the location and discovered that the hill was covered in people. We ended up hiking up the side of the mountain to reach a new place. All of the guys kept looking down the hill when we made it to the top, almost puzzled as to what to do next. I wasn’t about to just sit there; I grabbed a sled and made a run at it. Once my feet left the ground, I felt a great rush of excitement. In my joy I looked back to see if anyone else had taken the plunge; however, all I could see was all of them running down the hill screaming. I became puzzled myself and turned around just in time to see the cliff up ahead. I was lucky that it wasn’t a major drop off but I did land only inches away from my face being submerged in a nearly frozen stream. I sat up and just looked up at the place I once was; how lucky could one person be. I had a few minutes to think about things like this before all of them were attacking me with questions. They kindly helped me up to the car and my date took me down to a place where we could have some hot chocolate. Once I could feel my figures and other parts of my body, I began to feel the ache and figured I should just go home at that point. He kindly took me to my car and I drove home.
He called later that night to check up on me; I was glad to report that I only had a few bumps and bruises. He felt really bad for everything that had happened and somehow, he once again asked me out and I said yes. I tell you I was gluten for punishment. This time it was a date to Classic skating in Salt Lake. I had roller-bladed before and it had to be like riding a bike, right? It would have been, but he was convinced that I need to learn how to roller-skate. He assured me that it was the same idea and I would be fine. Wrong, as soon as my feet hit the floor I knew I was doomed; however I have never given up on anything without giving it a fair attempt first (explains my whole dating life). I was doing okay in my own little world of left foot right foot; I had blocked out everyone, it was just me and the skates. I was beginning to get the hang of it when an intruder tried to join my world. Yes, my date’s hand had met mine, an unexpected entry which shocked me. I threw up my arms and my legs went every which way, knocking my date and myself to the ground. Rushing pain began to hit my body, but most of it was focused on my arm. Looking over at it I saw that my date was lying on top of it; no wonder it hurt. He jumped up and helped me off the floor to a bench. I was wearing a jacket and once I took that off I could see that my elbow was no longer in its normal location. It looked like a major black and blue mess; knowing that this couldn’t be good I called my brother. He came and looked at it and in one swift move my elbow was back in place; the pain was still there, which he told me it would be for awhile. At this point I gave him a kiss on the check and said that I would just have my brother take me home. He called me a few times after that but it never really worked out; I thought it would be safer that way for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment