I have always liked it when people felt comfortable enough to just tell me the truth, but it’s the out of the blue comments that always get me. I happened to take the guy I was dating with me to the mall to look at a skirt I was thinking about buying, figuring that he would give me an honest opinion, which he did, surprising I know.
We were just roaming around the store, and he was getting tired so he was a few feet behind me when I saw this dress that I would never wear. I was laughing to myself as I picked it up thinking who would ever wear this; it was strapless and looked like someone had thrown up on it. He came up behind me and said, “I don’t think you could fill that one out Linz.” I quickly said, “what?!”
“Well, Linz this dress requires that you have something to hold it up and you don’t really…you’re…” I couldn’t believe he had just said that, so I hit him and started walking to the car. He followed and kept saying, “Linz it doesn’t matter to me what your chest size is…oh man, I’m stopping now.” I had never been happier for him to stop talking. We had a few things to drop off and pick-up at his parents’ house, which we did on our way to my house. Once inside his mom could tell something was bothering me and asked what was wrong. I tried to brush it off, but she kept asking and finally I just said that her son had told me something very shocking and I didn’t know how to handle it yet. His dad came in at this point and was just as curious to find out what his son had said. I finally just said, “Well he told me that I couldn’t fill out a dress.” His mom hit him and his dad said, “That’s why I like you because I know he isn’t thinking about that.” I didn’t know how to take that.
I've been there with you Lindsee, But I like to believe that less is better!
ReplyDeleteCherice tells me it is a blessing...
ReplyDelete