Saturday, October 29, 2011

Slow and steady

A long time ago someone wanted to set me up with a certain gentleman but they never gave either of us the others phone number just hoped that someday we would meet and all the choirs would sing. Well that never happened so I finally just asked for this fellow's number...and I called him. We enjoyed conversation after conversation however all the dates we would set up fell through. I had to work, he got sick, we live a far distance from one another and so that doesn't help either. Finally we met!! I had tickets to see a show that was half way for both of us. The show was great and the date went well (he's shy but oh so sweet). I left the date wanting to give it another chance. Which I did! Yep I asked him out to a sporting event this time. He got more talkative this time and it went well I thought; even though my family was ALL there...got to love them. I have to admit that this guy is kind of awkwardly shy...as in I don't really get him he talks and seems interested one minute and completely uncomfortable a minute later. No worries though I'm up for another meeting.

He did ask me out this time and it was a blast. He thought he would get me in a haunted house FOILED!!! There was no way I was going in there, but it was cute that he tried. However, he didn't try to hold my hand...there it was dangling and he kept awkwardly bumping it. I guess he is just taking his time which is fine, I am okay with that; but you have to remember that I'm still a girl and will over analyze the crap out of this and I have but I have to stop myself and breath (things will happen how they need to "have some faith" RIGHT?!). Hahaha but I have never got the patience thing down so I asked him out again for dinner at my place. He agreed and came! He still was super shy around everyone there and I am sure he said a total of 15 words the whole night to anyone besides me (to me he spoke the equivalent of a two page paper). The real treat of the night was the awkward couch moment.

There we were on the couch side by side; I not wanting to push him or make him move faster than he wanted sat in a position as to not discourage conversation but comfortable/content with just watching the movie. Half way through the movie I can feel the mood change and the wheels in his head going ninety miles per hour. Then came the quick arm around me (I could almost hear/see the sigh of relief from his mouth and a smile of victory). I fought back laughter as I felt his whole body getting nervous, heart racing, palms sweating, deep breathing. Poor kid it's just me I hope you make it to the end of the movie alive. You'll be glad to know he did and I walked him to his car and saw him off. It went well I think...but I think I should back off a bit and let it simmer, maybe let him plan something for us. Yep I think that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment