Have you ever watched a movie and thought to yourself, "oh if only that happened in real life?" or said out loud, "That only happens in the movies!" I know that I have, but little did I know that the moment I became of "dating" age, my life would turn into one major production! I wish I could say that it was all "foot popping" kisses or the man of my dreams chasing after me...but who knows...I've still got time.
However, that is not at all how my dating life has been up to this point. I have been on over 40 blind dates and each one has it's own story. I thought I could share some of the latest and greatest, with you.
I guess we should start at the beginning of where this whole mess began. I know that there had to have been several places where it could have originated, but I am convinced that a major blow to the head truly sealed my fate.
FIRST KISS: After being on a few dates with this guy; I figured that I would brave the moment that all young girls wait for, that foot popping kiss, as it says in the movies. We began to make the very long and awkward walk to the doorstep, my heart racing and not really knowing what to expect. There was no music and when he leaned in I lost all intelligence; "was I expected to go to the left or the right?" I got so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t notice what was in front of me until, BOOM and a flash of light. I grabbed my head to stop the pain and realized that we had collided heads with such force that we turn the clapper light on in the house. That was not how I saw things going in my head, and it would be awhile before I could really make sense of anything in my head after that. Maybe that is why it didn’t really register until hours later that he had kissed me. He must have had a thicker skull then I did because he recovered much better and just moments after bent down and kissed me ever so gently. That was my first kiss, and if you ask me it sealed my fate of unusual dating and laughable experiences for life.
I love where this is going :)
ReplyDelete