I have to say that if it wasn’t for the fact that we would kill each other, one of my guy friends and I would be the best fit. He kindly took me to a school dance after a mess of a break up and I have to say it was a lot of fun. We had gone sledding and towards the end of the day we had become competitive and wanted to race each other to the bottom (typical me). I had the lead and was prepared to make my victory speech when I felt a tug on the back of me sled. My date had a hold of it and was trying to push me off the hill or slow me down; one of the two. Because of this little sprawl we were having, we didn’t notice the wall of snow in front of us. Lucky for him he saw it in time to turn out of the way; I on the other hand saw and felt it at the same time. I didn’t know snow was so painful! I woke up to my date standing over me say, "are you okay?" Once my head was no longer in a fog, he kindly explained how the "snow bank" I hit was a brick wall with a light covering of snow.
My date was impressed that I was able to walk at all the rest of the night and carried pain medication in his pocket for me the rest of our date. My poor head, and what is sad is that this would not be the last time I would have a concussion on a date.
Our next date I got even though; he made the plan to go to the lake. I think he figured that the liquid form would be safer for the both of us, but once again we proved that we are safe together. We were out on these twin size mattresses, playing king of the mountain, I was winning at the time when he got the idea to make a go at it. He jumped up in a frontal assault and I went to kick him off, but I hit him dead on, we were done after that. Poor guy!
Lindsee I'm so glad I found your blog. We chat on gmail but you never mentioned a blog. Great stories! Sorry you've had such crappy dates. Hopefully there has been some good with the bad. Call me sometime... we'll do lunch... K Oscar?
ReplyDelete